Suspect wounds Pa. officer after slipping out of handcuffs
John M. Hoober III, New Era Staff Writer
Lancaster New Era
Copyright 2006 Lancaster Newspapers, Inc.
Lancaster, PA- A Warwick Township police officer was scratched and injured by a woman arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after a crash near Rothsville on Tuesday night, police said.
Tina Betz, 42, of 445 N. Oak St., Lititz, crashed a 1997 Jeep Cherokee about 9 p.m. in the 1500 block of Rothsville Road (Route 772), west of the Newport Road intersection, police said.
Officer Derrick Oleszczuk arrested Betz for suspected drunken driving, and the woman was placed in the back of Officer Sam Dabella's police cruiser in handcuffs to be taken to the Lititz police station for a blood-alcohol test.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman