Handcuffed man runs into Calif. traffic, dies
Henry K. Lee
The San Francisco Chronicle
Copyright 2006 The Chronicle Publishing Co.
All Rights Reserved
A motorist stopped for speeding and drunken driving on Interstate 80 bolted from a California Highway Patrol officer early Tuesday, jumped the median and was struck and killed by a sport utility vehicle, authorities said.
Shaun Jones, 26, of Sacramento died shortly after 1 a.m. when he was hit by a woman driving a Ford Expedition on westbound I-80 near Dixon Avenue in Solano County, the CHP said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Handcuffed man runs into Calif. traffic, dies
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house