Two Calif. officers shot and wounded during traffic stop
The Associated Press
OXNARD, Calif.- A 25-year-old man shot and wounded two police officers during a traffic stop early Saturday before being killed by one of the officers, authorities said.
Authorities said the suspect, identified as Edward Medina, stepped out of his car after being pulled over by the officers and opened fire.
"Somehow one of (the officers) was able to return fire despite being shot, and hit and killed the suspect," Keith said.
Medina died at the scene, he said.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests