Iowa officer injured when hit by van
By Lee Hermiston
Iowa City Press-Citizen
IOWA CITY, Iowa — An Iowa City police officer who was removing debris from an intersection was struck by a minivan Tuesday morning.
Sgt. Doug Hart, a 14-year veteran of the force, responded to a complaint of nails in the intersection of First and Muscatine avenues shortly after 9 a.m., Sgt. Troy Kelsay said. Hart was in the intersection with a broom, and at 9:16 a.m., Kelsay said Hart came on the radio and clearly was distressed and in pain.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Iowa officer injured when hit by van
- Community Policing
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house