N.C. officer recovering after flipping squad
By Marcie Young
The Charlotte Observer
GRANITE FALLS, N.C. — A Granite Falls police officer was recovering Monday after flipping his patrol car and undergoing surgery over the weekend at Carolina Medical Center, authorities said.
Office Roger Crosby and Sgt. Jon Hicks were responding to an emergency call for service in separate cars at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday, when a large dog darted into the roadway and was hit by Hicks, said Sgt. D.D. Dawson of the Highway Patrol.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. officer recovering after flipping squad
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman