N.C. officer recovering after flipping squad
By Marcie Young
The Charlotte Observer
GRANITE FALLS, N.C. — A Granite Falls police officer was recovering Monday after flipping his patrol car and undergoing surgery over the weekend at Carolina Medical Center, authorities said.
Office Roger Crosby and Sgt. Jon Hicks were responding to an emergency call for service in separate cars at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday, when a large dog darted into the roadway and was hit by Hicks, said Sgt. D.D. Dawson of the Highway Patrol.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. officer recovering after flipping squad
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms