Rookie NOPD officer dies in crash hours after his first shift
The New Orleans Times Picayune
NEW ORLEANS — A 21-year-old, off-duty New Orleans Police officer died early Tuesday morning in a single-vehicle accident in Hammond.
Another man, a 22-year-old deputy with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's office, is in a hospital with serious injuries.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy