'Stop sticks' at center of Fla. crash investigation
"It's a horribly dangerous activity."
By Leon Fooksman, Mark Hollis and Chrystian Tejedor
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
(AP Photo/Luis M. Alvarez)
Deputies Donta J. Manuel, 33, and Jonathan D. Wallace, 23, were struck and killed by a sheriff's cruiser while trying to remove tire-deflation spikes that they had launched across a desolate stretch of State Road 715.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court