Texas officers nab assault weapons, cash, drugs after stop
San Antonio Express-News
SAN ANTONIO, Texas — One man was arrested Thursday in an early morning drug bust in a Helotes subdivision, officials said.
Michael Georges IV, 27, was taken into custody by the Bexar County sheriff's narcotics unit after cops discovered drugs in his car during a traffic stop and more contraband at his home, Sgt. Ronald Tooke said.Georges was jailed on felony drug charges, with bond set at $115,000.
The bust occurred in the 12,000 block of Branding Point in the Stanton Run subdivision. Officers found nearly 80 pounds of marijuana, 2 pounds of methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin and assault rifles, Tooke said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman