Tenn. traffic stop nets felony arrest, $100K in duffel bag
CROSSVILLE, Tenn. — A Tennessee Highway Patrol trooper stopped a car for speeding on Interstate 40 and ended up arresting a fugitive wanted in Washington, D.C., for grand theft larceny.
The car's driver, 25-year-old Calvert Andrews, also from District Heights, was cited for speeding and driving on a suspended license. Both Brown and Andrews were taken into custody and transported to the Cumberland County Jail, where they were questioned.
Brown told THP investigators that there was a duffel bag containing more than $100,000 in the car.
THP reported that troopers retrieved the bag, which contained $111,514.
It was not immediately clear whose money it was or if it was part of any alleged crime.
Copyright 2008 Knoxville News-Sentinel
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house