N.Y. officer dragged by drunken driver
By Andrew Scharff
GREENPORT, N.Y. — A Greenport man was arrested early yesterday after resisting arrest and fleeing Southold Town police, officials said.
Ronald Smith, 41, had been pulled over for a defective headlight, and when Southold police asked him to take field sobriety tests, refused, police said. Smith then fought with the officer who was attempting to remove him from the car, they said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.Y. officer dragged by drunken driver
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman