N.C. troopers crack down on street racers
By Samuel Spies
News & Observer
RALEIGH, N.C. The state Highway Patrol is cracking down on illegal street racing across North Carolina, from country roads around Rocky Mount to interstate roadways cutting across northern Wake County to a stretch of highway just outside High Point's city limits.
Troopers began serving arrest warrants on 72 people this weekend in the Triad, just months after they arrested 14 people in Raleigh for racing cars at high speeds on public roadways.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. troopers crack down on street racers
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy