Mo. police find more than $50K during traffic stop
By Robert Patrick
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS, Mo. — A routine traffic stop in St. Charles County two weeks ago has set federal agents on the trail of some kind of international intrigue they do not yet fully understand.
It started Aug. 6 on Interstate 70, when St. Charles County sheriff's deputies stopped a black BMW suspected of speeding. The driver, Constatin Puiu, offered a Utah drivers license and told deputies he was returning home from Florida.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman