Utah trooper 'very lucky' to be alive after accident
Trooper Rachael Zubal was struck as she stepped out of her patrol car at an accident scene
By Paul Koepp
SUNSET, Utah — When Rachael Zubal joined the Utah Highway Patrol 3 1/2 years ago, she was "scared to death" of the freeway.
She was worried in particular about being "trunked," UHP lingo for being struck from behind while on the side of the road.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman