Utah trooper 'very lucky' to be alive after accident
Trooper Rachael Zubal was struck as she stepped out of her patrol car at an accident scene
By Paul Koepp
SUNSET, Utah — When Rachael Zubal joined the Utah Highway Patrol 3 1/2 years ago, she was "scared to death" of the freeway.
She was worried in particular about being "trunked," UHP lingo for being struck from behind while on the side of the road.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help