The constant danger of highway traffic stops
No set policy on roadside stops because each poses a unique danger
By Lisa Redmond
The Lowell Sun
LOWELL, Mass. — Each time a police officer steps out of a cruiser during a motor-vehicle stop, or stands in a roadway directing traffic, that officer's life is in mortal danger.
It's man versus machine, and the machine usually wins.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: The constant danger of highway traffic stops
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house