The constant danger of highway traffic stops
No set policy on roadside stops because each poses a unique danger
By Lisa Redmond
The Lowell Sun
LOWELL, Mass. — Each time a police officer steps out of a cruiser during a motor-vehicle stop, or stands in a roadway directing traffic, that officer's life is in mortal danger.
It's man versus machine, and the machine usually wins.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: The constant danger of highway traffic stops
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help