Newark traffic-light cameras make some see red
Cmdr. Bob Douglas calls the program 'cost-neutral' arguing that it was never about the money
By Chris De Benedetti
NEWARK, N.J. — A picture may or may not be worth 1,000 words, but for Newark motorists caught running a red light, it's not open for debate.
That particular picture, taken at one of the city's five traffic-light cameras, is worth nearly $500 and a traffic citation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Newark traffic-light cameras make some see red
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court