Calif. cops target talking, texting drivers
By John F. Hill
The Press Enterprise
RIVERSIDE, Calif. — Jeremiah Hayes got out of it but thousands of other Californians will likely be ticketed this month for talking or texting on their phones while driving.
The California Highway Patrol and 225 local police agencies are in the midst of a cellphone crackdown. The California Office of Traffic Safety said that, as part of its Distracted Driving Awareness Month, officers will hold "zero tolerance" days across the state.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. cops target talking, texting drivers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy