Mass. troopers 'tired' of being hit by drunk drivers
Recent crash marks 23rd time in the past year and a half police vehicle has been hit by drunk driver
By Richard Weir
An alleged boozy, wrong-way driver's crash into a state police cruiser early yesterday morning marked the 23rd time in the past year and a half that a driver charged with OUI has been nabbed for hitting a state police vehicle - an alarming statistic that has state police brass fired up.
'Enough is enough,' said Lt. Colonel Tim Alben, commander of the Massachusetts State Police division of field services.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police