Police defend officer who let intoxicated driver go
A Wisconsin woman was pulled over, let go, pulled over again, and arrested
By PoliceOne Staff
FOND DU LAC, Wis. — Police are defending a Fond du Lac officer who didn’t arrest a woman later found to be under the influence.
A woman was pulled over last week after police received calls about a vehicle that hit a curb, the Houston Chronicle reported. She drove away after the officer ticketed her for inattentive driving, but an hour later, a Calumet County sheriff’s deputy pulled her over again.
She was arrested after failing a sobriety test. Sources say her two children were riding in the car at the time.
The Fond du Lac officer did nothing wrong because there were no signs the driver was intoxicated, Police Captain Steven Klein said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman