Video: SC trooper's car engulfed in flames during chase
As the car burned, other police officers in the area pursued the suspect
By PoliceOne Staff
CONWAY, S.C. — Dash cam shows a DUI suspect crash his SUV into a trooper's patrol car, lighting it on fire upon impact.
Allen Jackson Goodman, 40, of Troy, N.C., fled police when he was pulled over last week, according to the Sun News. Police said they chased him at speeds of more than 100 miles per hour before the crash.
As the trooper's car burned, other Horry County police officers who were in the area pursued the suspect, and the trooper escaped without any major injuries, sources said.
Goodman was charged with driving under the influence, driving under suspension and failure to stop, sources said. He is being held at J. Reuben Long Detention Center.
Investigators said they are unsure why or how the trooper's car caught fire.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds