Video: SC trooper's car engulfed in flames during chase
As the car burned, other police officers in the area pursued the suspect
By PoliceOne Staff
CONWAY, S.C. — Dash cam shows a DUI suspect crash his SUV into a trooper's patrol car, lighting it on fire upon impact.
Allen Jackson Goodman, 40, of Troy, N.C., fled police when he was pulled over last week, according to the Sun News. Police said they chased him at speeds of more than 100 miles per hour before the crash.
As the trooper's car burned, other Horry County police officers who were in the area pursued the suspect, and the trooper escaped without any major injuries, sources said.
Goodman was charged with driving under the influence, driving under suspension and failure to stop, sources said. He is being held at J. Reuben Long Detention Center.
Investigators said they are unsure why or how the trooper's car caught fire.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic