5 Tenn. deputies criticized for 'improvising punishment'
The FBI will review the actions of the Knox County deputies, who are being criticized for a stunt with a baseball bat
By Don Jacobs
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — The FBI is reviewing the actions of five demoted Knox County sheriff's deputies who had a 19-year-old driver perform a stunt with a baseball bat in exchange for not issuing him traffic citations.
"We are aware of the allegations and at this time we are conducting some preliminary investigative steps," said Stacie Bohanan, spokeswoman for the Knoxville office of the FBI.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman