Revenge? New video targets speeding FHP troopers
Video surfaces, reportedly supplied by officer, that claims to show Florida Highway Patrol cruisers speeding without lights flashing
By Diana Moskovitz
MIAMI — In the latest salvo in the tit-for-tat among South Florida’s law enforcement community, a new video recorded by a law enforcement officer aired Monday on Univision 23 television that this time appeared to show Florida Highway Patrol troopers speeding without their emergency lights flashing.
The 75-second video surfaced a little more than a week after the same station aired the video that sparked the debate.
The original footage showed FHP trooper Donna Jane Watts pulling over off-duty Miami police officer Fausto Lopez for speeding in his marked patrol car on Florida’s Turnpike in Broward County. She approached his cruiser with her gun drawn, yelling and then handcuffing him.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests