NM cop dragged by car in suspected DWI stop
After APD Officer Justin Montgomery approached the driver's side window, the driver accelerated away while the officer "tried to detach himself from the vehicle"
By Olivier Uyttebrouck
An Albuquerque police officer faced surgery to repair a broken leg Monday, a day after he was dragged alongside a vehicle and run over while attempting to stop a suspected drunken driver, police said.
Police on Sunday arrested Benito Aragon, 36, of Albuquerque on felony charges including great bodily harm by vehicle and resisting arrest and evading an officer. Aragon was released from jail Monday on $25,000 bond and faces criminal arraignment today in Bernalillo County Metro Court, court personnel said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NM cop dragged by car in suspected DWI stop
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman