NM cop dragged by car in suspected DWI stop
After APD Officer Justin Montgomery approached the driver's side window, the driver accelerated away while the officer "tried to detach himself from the vehicle"
By Olivier Uyttebrouck
An Albuquerque police officer faced surgery to repair a broken leg Monday, a day after he was dragged alongside a vehicle and run over while attempting to stop a suspected drunken driver, police said.
Police on Sunday arrested Benito Aragon, 36, of Albuquerque on felony charges including great bodily harm by vehicle and resisting arrest and evading an officer. Aragon was released from jail Monday on $25,000 bond and faces criminal arraignment today in Bernalillo County Metro Court, court personnel said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NM cop dragged by car in suspected DWI stop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform