THP: Trooper saw crash but 'chose to ignore it'
THP officials concluded trooper deliberately drove past the Nov. 26 crash in North Knox County
By Matt Lakin
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — The trooper grabbed his gear and ran to the blazing car — not to save a life, but to put on a show.
"I got out and got my fire extinguisher just to make it look good," Trooper Charles Van Morgan told Tennessee Highway Patrol investigators. "I knew he was dead, but you, you got to do that for the media and everyone else. I was just trying to put on a show."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: THP: Trooper saw crash but 'chose to ignore it'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy