Court: Trooper who kicked K-9 wrongly fired
The court ruled Tuesday that the Highway Patrol improperly fired Sgt. Charles Jones
RALEIGH, N.C. — The N.C. Court of Appeals has upheld a judge's ruling that ordered a state trooper who was fired for kicking his dog to be reinstated with back pay.
The court ruled Tuesday that Wake County Superior Court Judge James Hardin was correct when he determined two years ago that the Highway Patrol improperly fired Sgt. Charles Jones.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Court: Trooper who kicked K-9 wrongly fired
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests