Conn. troopers compete to win pizza for issuing most tickets
State police spokesman said memos reflect a troop commanders' attempt to motivate his personnel
Sentinel & Enterprise
HARTFORD, Conn. — An internal state police memorandum urges troopers from the Bethany barracks to compete over who can write the most tickets.
WTNH-TV reports that the memo from Lt. Anthony Schirillo says patrols are to be stepped up on Friday. Another memo says pizza will be provided for the shift with the highest ticket total.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests