Texas trooper shoots at own cruiser
Man flags vehicle down, tries to steal it
By Greg Kendall-Ball
CISCO, Texas — A Department of Public Safety trooper was forced to open fire on his own vehicle Thursday when a man tried to steal the cruiser in Eastland County.
Chris Eugene Durham, 40, flagged down the trooper on Interstate 20 just east of Cisco just before 11 a.m. Thursday. Durham allegedly told the trooper his wife was having a heart attack, so the trooper stopped to render aid and radioed for additional help. An ambulance arrived on the scene, along with an officer from the Cisco Police Department and an Eastland County sheriff's deputy, DPS spokesman Trooper Sparky Dean said.
Dean said it was determined that the woman was not, in fact, having a heart attack.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas trooper shoots at own cruiser
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman