2 cruisers hit in Mass. crashes; 1 trooper injured
Two Massachusetts state police cruisers have been struck by other vehicles in separate overnight highway crashes
The Lowell Sun
RANDOLPH, Mass. — Two Massachusetts state police cruisers have been struck by other vehicles in separate overnight highway crashes.
State police said a trooper was taken to a hospital with minor injuries early Tuesday after another vehicle plowed into the back of his cruiser in the westbound lanes of the Massachusetts Turnpike in Newton. The trooper was working a paid construction detail.
The other car flipped over and firefighters extricated the driver, who was hospitalized.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman