Video: Mo. troopers pursue driver with stuck gas pedal
A woman's Kia Sorento got stuck at 100 percent throttle with troopers in pursuit
Kansas City Star
BETHANY, Mo. — A 47-year-old Iowa woman walked away uninjured after her SUV's accelerator became stuck on Interstate 35 in Missouri and took her on a high-speed ride with highway troopers in pursuit.
Missouri State Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Sheldon Lyon says the woman's 2011 Kia Sorento hit speeds in excess of 110 mph Sunday after getting stuck at 100 percent throttle.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests