Md. trooper recovering after hit by truck on dash cam
Md. State Police trooper was hit by a tractor-trailer while writing ticket
HAGERSTOWN, Md. — Maryland State Police say a trooper is recovering from being hit by a tractor-trailer as he stood along Interstate 70 near Hagerstown.
A spokesman said Friday that Trooper David Avila (ah-VEE'-lah) suffered shoulder, back and leg injuries. The agency posted a dashboard video clip of the June 14 incident on YouTube Friday to publicize a state law requiring drivers to give stopped emergency vehicles an extra lane of space.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms