Md. trooper recovering after hit by truck on dash cam
Md. State Police trooper was hit by a tractor-trailer while writing ticket
HAGERSTOWN, Md. — Maryland State Police say a trooper is recovering from being hit by a tractor-trailer as he stood along Interstate 70 near Hagerstown.
A spokesman said Friday that Trooper David Avila (ah-VEE'-lah) suffered shoulder, back and leg injuries. The agency posted a dashboard video clip of the June 14 incident on YouTube Friday to publicize a state law requiring drivers to give stopped emergency vehicles an extra lane of space.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert