NC trooper killed deploying stop sticks
Highway Patrol officials say Trooper Bobby G. Demuth was struck and killed Saturday morning near Spring Hope
Duty Death: Bobby G. Demuth - [Spring Hope, North Carolina]
My Fox 8
SPRING HOPE, N.C. — A state Highway Patrol trooper is dead after being struck by a car while he tried to deploy stop sticks during a high-speed chase that covered parts of Wake and Nash counties.
Highway Patrol officials say Trooper Bobby G. Demuth was struck and killed Saturday morning near Spring Hope.
Raleigh Police Department officers had tried to stop a 1995 Nissan 200SX on U.S. 64 eastbound in Wake County. When the chase continued into Nash County, authorities said Demuth was struck and killed as he tried to deploy stop sticks.
A 40-year-old man from Williamston was taken into custody.
Demuth was a 12-year veteran stationed in Rocky Mount.
Reprinted with permission from My Fox 8
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Mass. police end 'High Five Friday' at schools after complaints
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Ala. church asks for its own police department