Video: Police roadblock scatters stunt motorcycle riders
A group of bikers claims police used "excessive force" by creating a roadblock
By PoliceOne Staff
ST. LOUIS, Mo. — A group of bikers claims police used excessive force when they tried to cut off their annual stunt ride with a roadblock on the highway.
The annual Streetfighterz Ride of the Century in St. Louis reportedly caught police agencies off guard last year, so officers prepared for this year’s event by lining up dozens of police vehicles to intercept the riders.
A YouTube video shows motorcycles scatter onto the shoulder of the road, weave in and out of cruisers and turn to drive the wrong way up an entry ramp. Before posting it online, some participants added text suggesting law enforcement wrongly intervened.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department