Video: Police roadblock scatters stunt motorcycle riders
A group of bikers claims police used "excessive force" by creating a roadblock
By PoliceOne Staff
ST. LOUIS, Mo. — A group of bikers claims police used excessive force when they tried to cut off their annual stunt ride with a roadblock on the highway.
The annual Streetfighterz Ride of the Century in St. Louis reportedly caught police agencies off guard last year, so officers prepared for this year’s event by lining up dozens of police vehicles to intercept the riders.
A YouTube video shows motorcycles scatter onto the shoulder of the road, weave in and out of cruisers and turn to drive the wrong way up an entry ramp. Before posting it online, some participants added text suggesting law enforcement wrongly intervened.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police