NTSB looks at lowering OUI threshold nationwide
S.C., other states evaluate proposal to reduce limit to 0.05 from current limit of 0.08 to help curb growing problem of intoxicated operation
By David Slade
The Post & Courier
CHARLESTON, S.C. — South Carolina has the nation's highest rate of traffic fatalities involving drunken drivers, but would a tougher DUI threshold make a difference?
The National Transportation Safety Board thinks it would, in South Carolina and across the nation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NTSB looks at lowering OUI threshold nationwide
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman