CPH makes switch to Harley Davidson motorcycles
he CHP recently finalized a deal to purchase 121 Harley Davidson Electra Glide motorcycles to replace their previous bikes
By Eric Rasmussen
OAKLAND, Calif. — The California Highway Patrol will have some of its Bay Area officers riding Harley Davidson motorcycles as soon as next week, thanks to a dealership in Oakland.
The CHP recently finalized a deal to purchase 121 Harley Davidson Electra Glide motorcycles from Oakland Harley-Davidson.
Harley Davidson will begin delivering the motorcycles to Sacramento next week. Oakland Harley-Davidson owner Mike Genthner said Monday that Bay Area CHP officers could be among some of the first to take new motorcycles out on the road.
Full Story: CHP switching to Harley Davidson motorcycles
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court