Staying hydrated on duty
The human body is always dehydrating — regardless of the climate, the temperature, or the geography in which that body is operating. The effects of dehydration are not only physical — they’re mental as well. One of the first capabilities a dehydrated person will lose is their ability to think quickly and critically. Keep fluids in your squad car so you can keep replenishing fluids in your body.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds