Video: SFPD motorcycle unit trains with dirtbikes
The SFPD Honda unit gives the course on how to patrol areas that are inaccessible to police vehicles
SAN FRANCISCO — In this intense two week motorcycle training course, outside police agencies frequently request the SFPD Honda Unit (SFPD’s dirt bike unit) to train their dirt bike/ dual sport motorcycle officers.
The SFPD Honda unit gives the course on how to patrol areas that are inaccessible to police vehicles. They start off with a basic cones course where they teach them how to ride slowly and balance the motorcycle. During the cones course training, each day gets and bit tougher and tougher.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic