Corrections officer dies during training exercise
Chad Charles, 43, collapsed while training with the Michigan Department of Corrections emergency response team
Duty Death: Chad Charles - [Muskegon , Michigan]
End of Service: 05/21/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
MUSKEGON, Mich. — A corrections officer died during training Wednesday.
According to WZZM, Chad Charles, 43, collapsed while training with the Michigan Department of Corrections emergency response team and died at a local hospital.
ODMP reports Charles suffered a fatal heart attack during a building-clearing scenario that was part of a quarterly training exercise.
Charles served with the department for nine years.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court