N.C. officer back at work after accidental training shooting
By Mark Schultz, Staff Writer
The News & Observer (Raleigh, North Carolina)
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - The Chapel Hill police officer who shot a fellow officer in the foot during a training exercise last month has returned to work.
Sgt. Andrew Smith had surgery last week to strengthen the bone in his foot. He faces more surgery, Jarvies said. He is expected to return to full duty in six to seven months, Jarvies said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court