Norfolk police recruit's widow files lawsuit
John Kohn died in December after he was injured during a week of defensive tactics training
By Patrick Wilson
NORFOLK, Va. — A lawsuit filed in the 2010 death of a police recruit alleges that "repeated, violent blows to the head" of John Kohn by training instructors resulted in a brain hemorrhage that created a subdural hematoma and caused his death.
The lawsuit, filed Tuesday in Circuit Court by Kohn's widow, Patricia Kohn, asks for $35 million in compensatory damages and $350,000 in punitive damages.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Norfolk police recruit's widow files lawsuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic