W.Va. official: Train cops to fight fires
City council member says he knows many will resist his idea
By Paul Fallon
Charleston Daily Mail
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Saying he knows the proposal will be controversial, the president of Charleston City Council wants to see police officers cross-trained to fight fires.
Tom Lane, an at-large Republican, said the measure could help save money in the fire and police departments, both of which are strapped by ballooning pension liabilities.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: W.Va. official: Train cops to fight fires
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests