FBI agent shot during training
Spokesman said FBI agents were involved in a live fire tactical training exercise when the accident occurred
By Mark Schlachtenhaufen
The Edmond Sun
EDMOND — An FBI special agent is recovering at a metro hospital after suffering an accidental gunshot wound while training at an Edmond Police Department facility, an agency spokesman said.
Rick Rains, a spokesman for the FBI’s Oklahoma City office, said at about 3 p.m. Thursday FBI agents were involved in a live fire tactical training exercise when the accident occurred. The Edmond Police Department’s training facility is located in northeast Edmond.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: FBI agent shot during training
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help