Nashville to allow police to carry AR-15s
Officers must complete three days of training on their use on patrol, have their guns inspected by the department and carry them in locked cases
NASHVILLE — Police officers in Nashville who own semiautomatic AR-15 rifles have been authorized to bring them on patrol, officials say.
To do so, the officers must complete three days of training on their use on patrol, have their guns inspected by the department and carry them in locked cases, The Tennessean reported Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Nashville to allow police to carry AR-15s
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests