LA police officials plan new strategies for 'swatting'
In a bid to beat the pranksters, top cops are now training officers to be more aware of 'swatting'
WENN Entertainment News Wire Service
LOS ANGELES — Los Angeles police chiefs have come up with a new system of responding to celebrity-related hoax calls following a string of 'swatting' alerts.
Tom Cruise, Ashton Kutcher, Chris Brown and Kim Kardashian's parents have all fallen victims to Hollywood's latest naughty craze, which has cost the Los Angeles Police Department dearly.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help