Texas officer dies after collapsing during training exercise
Sgt. Paul Buckles, 58, was treated on scene by other officers and EMTs after he collapsed during an active shooter drill
By PoliceOne Staff
POTTER COUNTY, Texas — A Potter County Sheriff’s Office Sergeant died after collapsing Friday afternoon during an active shooter training exercise involving multiple agencies.
Sgt. Paul Buckles, 58, was treated on scene by other officers and EMTs before being transported to a local hospital, according to ODMP.
“He was ... a good, hardworking man,” Sheriff Brian Thomas told the Amarillo Globe-News. “There’s a lot of sadness in our department.”
He had served with the Potter County Sheriff's Office for 26 years and was assigned to the Criminal Investigation Division.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help