Safe flashlight usage in traffic control
This is especially important during DUI checkpoint work or high volume traffic control situations like college and pro ballgames where drivers may be impaired. That impairment can increase recovery time from the bright light and overall perception/reaction time.
You should always use a flashlight cone when available and constantly move the light, giving direction in clear, predictable movements.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform