Video: Defending the tackle
The first thing you have to remember is that distance equals times equals options. If the person is already around your neck, you stand little chance of getting away.
Some things to look for in a suspect are cauliflower ear, Tapout shirts, and anything else that might indicate the person has above-average tackling skills.
The first thing you need to be able to do is move away. Check out some other secrets in the video below:
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help