Cops are the American soldier of the home front
One of the most important things that we should remember is just that...We, as United States law enforcement officers, are the American soldier of the home front!
We not only need to ACT AS SUCH, we need to pass on to all citizens that we are exactly that.
We, as police officers, have to be willing and able to say to a citizen who is afraid the following statement. It was made to a group WWII soldiers retreating from the “Battle of the Bulge” by a soldier of the 82nd Airborne.
“You looking for a safe place? Then fall in behind me, ‘cause I’m the 82nd Airborne and this is as far as the bastards are going to get!”
We, as police officers, have to be willing to say that we are that “safe place” that they need only to fall in behind us.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court