Suspicious package found at Baltimore airport, canine teams searching terminals
LINTHICUM, Md.- Two concourses at Baltimore Washington International Airport were evacuated Friday morning after security screeners discovered a suspicious package, authorities said.
Airport spokesman Jonathan Dean said authorities had the package, but the package's owner had left the screening area.
Authorities would not say what was in the package.
Canine teams were searching the airport for the package's owner. Authorities finished searching Concourse A and reopened it about 1 1/2 hours after the package was discovered.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds