4 tons of cocaine seized off Spain
The Associated Press
MADRID, Spain — Spanish police, working with U.S. and British authorities, seized four tons of cocaine aboard a ship off the northwest coast, the Interior Ministry said.
Eleven people were arrested in the operation, carried out on Saturday, a ministry statement said. Six were arrested aboard the ship, three in Madrid and two in the northwest region of Galicia.
Police also seized $27,000 in cash and several cars and cell phones.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help