Bratton rips proposal on LAX police
Patrick McGreevy, Times Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 Los Angeles Times
All Rights Reserved
Stepping up a turf battle over policing at Los Angeles International Airport, Police Chief William J. Bratton on Thursday criticized proposed state legislation to give the separate airport police more powers.
The same day, a police union withdrew its endorsement of an assemblyman who backed the measure, and its leader criticized a caustic memo by an airport police officer about LAPD overtime at LAX.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Bratton rips proposal on LAX police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy