Man shot at Las Vegas airport checkpoint
The Associated Press
The man had pulled a knife on a boy just outside a screening area, said Elaine Sanchez, spokeswoman for McCarran International Airport.
The child was unharmed and returned to his mother, who was at the airport, Sanchez said. The man was taken to a hospital.
"The system worked," Sanchez said. "As soon as the breach occurred, the police were in place and the system worked."
Two officers were involved in the shooting, said police spokesman Jose Montoya.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help