Man shot at Las Vegas airport checkpoint
The Associated Press
The man had pulled a knife on a boy just outside a screening area, said Elaine Sanchez, spokeswoman for McCarran International Airport.
The child was unharmed and returned to his mother, who was at the airport, Sanchez said. The man was taken to a hospital.
"The system worked," Sanchez said. "As soon as the breach occurred, the police were in place and the system worked."
Two officers were involved in the shooting, said police spokesman Jose Montoya.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds